A custom car skin is one of the most effective marketing tools available to businesses and organisations today. When done correctly, a custom car skin can turn any vehicle into a rolling billboard, helping to raise brand awareness and generate new leads wherever the vehicle goes.
Lets look at the elements to consider when developing your car skin, how to prepare your vehicle and tips for maintaining your car skin / wrap.
Incorporating a Custom Skin as Part of a Marketing Strategy
When you’re thinking about an effective marketing strategy, it’s important to consider all of the elements that will come together to create a cohesive and impactful campaign. Your brand identity, target audience, and messaging are all key elements to consider in the design process.
Your brand identity is the overall look and feel of your business. It should be reflected in everything from your logo and website design to your social media presence and marketing collateral. When creating car skins, it’s important to make sure that they accurately reflect brand identity. This means using colours, fonts, and images that are in line with the rest of your branding.
Your target audience is who you want to reach with your marketing efforts. What kind of designs will appeal to them? What colours and images will grab their attention? Keep your target audience top of mind throughout.
Your messaging is what you want to say to your target audience. It should be concise, clear, and on-brand. Think about how you can incorporate your messaging into the design. Do you want to include a call-to-action? Make sure your messaging is visible and easy to read so that people can understand it quickly when they see it on your car.
Tips for Designing Car Skins
As car skins are designed to be seen by people on the go, it’s important to keep a few key things in mind: contrast, readability, and simplicity.
- Contrast is key. You want your car skin to stand out against the background of the car itself and the surrounding environment. Use light colours on dark cars and vice versa.
- Readability is also important. Keep your text large and easy to read from a distance. Remember that people will be seeing your car skin from different angles and distances, so make sure your text can be easily seen from all angles.
- Finally, simplicity is key. Don’t try to cram too much information onto your car skin. Stick to one or two main messages that you want to communicate, and make sure they’re clear and concise.
Vinyl for Your Car Skin
There are two main types of vinyl materials that can be used for car wraps: cast and standard. Cast vinyl is made from a mold and has a memory, so it can conform to curved surfaces and stay in place without shrinking or distorting over time. Standard vinyl is made by extruding the material through rollers, so it’s thinner and less expensive than cast vinyl. However, it’s also less durable and may shrink or distort when exposed to heat.
The Importance of Quality Materials
Cheap materials may seem like a good way to save money, but they won’t last as long or look as good as higher quality materials. In the long run, you’ll actually save money by choosing materials that will last longer and look better.
Higher quality materials also tend to be more durable and resistant to elements like sun damage and scratches. This means that your car skin will keep its vibrant colours and sharp graphics for years to come, making it a more effective marketing tool.
How a Car Skin is Installed
The installation process of a car skin is relatively simple and can be done in a few hours. First, the car is cleaned and any wax or polish is removed. Next, the vinyl is cut to size and applied to the car. Finally, the edges are trimmed and the vinyl is smoothed out.
Print Ready – a Reputable Installer
There are car skin installers out there, but how do you know who to trust with your brand new skin? At Print Ready, we have over 30 years of experience in the print and design industry, so we know a thing or two about high-quality printing. Plus, our team of skilled installers have installed many car wraps, so you can be confident that your wrap will be installed correctly the first time.
When it comes to car wraps, we only use the highest quality materials and inks to produce our wraps. We also stand behind our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So if for any reason you’re not happy with your wrap, just let us know and we’ll make it right.
Attention to Detail
A car skin is a great way to get your marketing message out there, but it’s important to make sure that it’s installed properly in order to maximise its lifespan and effectiveness. Many people don’t realise that a poorly installed car skin can actually do more harm than good, making your brand look unprofessional and even damaging your vehicle.
Proper installation requires careful attention to detail. Every inch of the vinyl skin needs to be laid down correctly in order to avoid wrinkles or air bubbles, which can ruin the look and make it less effective. When done correctly, a car skin can protect your paint job from minor scratches and wear and tear. However, if it’s not installed properly, it can actually cause problems like peeling or lifting, which can damage your paint job. A well-installed skin should last for several years with proper care. However, a poorly installed one will likely need to be replaced much sooner, costing you more money in the long run.
How to Choose the Right Vinyl for Your Personalised Car Skin
There are a few things to consider when choosing the right vinyl for your car. The first is the type of vehicle you have. If you have a smaller car, you may want to consider a thinner vinyl. If you have a larger car, you may want to consider a thicker vinyl. The second thing to consider is the climate. If you live in a hot climate, you will want to choose a vinyl that can withstand the heat. If you live in a cold climate (like Ireland!), you will want to choose a vinyl that can withstand the cold. The third thing to consider is the amount of time you plan on keeping the wrap on your car. If you plan on keeping the wrap on your car for several years, you will want to choose a vinyl that is durable and will not fade over time.
Tips For Preparing Your Vehicle for Installation of a Car Wrap
Here are a few tips to help you prepare your vehicle for installation:
- Make sure the surface is clean and smooth. Any dirt, dust, or debris on the surface of your car will show through the skin, so it’s important to start with a clean slate. Give your car a good wash and make sure any waxes or polishes are removed before installation.
- If you have any removable parts on your car (like antennae or decals), be sure to remove them before installation. This will help ensure that the wrap adheres properly and doesn’t cause any damage to these parts.
- Choose a cool, dry day for installation. extreme heat or cold can impact the adhesive used to install the wrap, so it’s best to avoid these conditions if possible.
Maintaining Your Car Skin
Maintaining your custom car skin is easy! Just follow these simple tips:
- Wash your vehicle regularly. This will help prolong the life of your car skin and keep it looking sharp.
- Be careful when washing. Do not use high pressure hoses or harsh chemicals, as this can damage the wrap. Instead, opt for a mild soap and water solution.
- Avoid scrubbing the wrap too hard. A soft cloth or sponge should be used to avoid scratching the material.
- Dry your vehicle completely after washing to prevent water spots from forming.
- Avoid automatic car washes. The harsh chemicals and friction can damage the wrap.
- Hand wash your car using a mild soap and water. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft cloth.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners or scrub brushes on the wrap. This can cause scratching or damage the printed graphics.
- If you need to remove something from the wrap (like stickers or bugs), do it gently with a putty knife or similar tool. Don’t use sharp objects that could puncture the wrap.
- If your car skin gets dirty or stained, spot clean it with a mild soap and water solution. For tougher stains, you can use isopropyl alcohol ( rubbing alcohol) diluted with water.
Print Ready – Ireland’s Premier Car Skin Installer
With in-depth knowledge of business signage and display graphics, the design team at Print Ready manufacture and apply car wrap graphics and all types of commercial van wraps as well as, trucks & trailers.
If you’re looking for a quotation or a van wrapping cost in Ireland, simply fill in the quick quotation contact form below, or go to the Contact Us page. Enter your details and then we will get back to you with a quotation.
(NEED NETO TO INTEGRATE)
Why choose Print Ready?
With over 30 years print and design experience, no matter whether you’re just starting out, revamping your existing materials, or want help with implementing marketing campaigns, Print Ready can help.
Our award-winning graphic design services are trusted by companies of all sizes and we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition. We have been trusted by recognisable brands and organisations such as a ‘Large on-line retail giant’, An Garda Siochana, Department of Health, and Apache Pizza to name but a few. With true value and return on investment, we deliver print and design services that are both affordable and comprehensive.
Do you have a question about car wraps or need advice on what your best approach should be? Then contact us at email@example.com or call (01) 858 1000 – we will be delighted to help!