About the job
Location: Glasnevin Avenue, Dublin 11
We’re seeking a talented Junior Graphic Designer to join our team! As the face of our walk-in shop, you’ll work directly with customers to bring their design ideas to life. You’ll be responsible for creating visually stunning designs for print and managing your workload efficiently. Your passion for design and attention to detail will be key in producing high-quality print jobs that meet our customers’ needs.
The successful candidate must have experience in designing for print, dealing with customers and should be able to manage their workload daily. The role also requires a hands-on approach in design, production and finishing, requiring speed and accuracy at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare, create, typeset, alter and deliver graphics and print files for customers. Manage all aspects of graphic design projects.
- Produce artwork and printed jobs according to the production schedule and rearrange the schedule as necessary for rush jobs.
- Liaise with customers and clients on their orders and provide appropriate suggestions and ideas.
- Ensure all dealings with clients are carried out in a professional, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Proofread all artwork and ensure that it is proofed by the client. Educate clients on proofing when necessary.
- Contribute to customer services and ensure customer satisfaction is always maintained.
- Maintain artwork files in an organised and tidy manner, both physically and electronically.
- Assist with all other aspects of a print shop, including photocopying, binding, laminating, stitching, folding, creasing, scanning, collating, packing, labeling, etc.
- Send jobs to print on in-house digital and wide format printers.
- Work on Print Ready’s online presence by creating graphics, banners, ads, and posts as instructed by management.
- Encourage and motivate staff at all times and ensure open and strong communication between departments.
- Manage workload, prioritise on a daily basis, and output jobs for print.
- Work with printers on correct design specifications for printing.
- Put forward ideas and suggestions for improving the operation of the department and the company.
- Maintain a happy and productive working environment and strive to achieve good working relationships with all staff members.
- Embrace the culture of the Print Ready organisation and take ownership of the job within the organisation to improve the level of job satisfaction achieved.
- Carry out any other duties that may arise from time to time or as instructed by management.
Skills, Qualifications and Candidate Requirements:
- Degree or advanced diploma in visual communications/graphic design
- Experience in a commercial graphic design and/or print environment an advantage
- Solid understanding of digital printing production and machinery an advantage
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent/Strong in English, both verbal and written communication skills required
- Qualified, talented, experienced, invested, hard-working, honest, eager to learn, eager to please, flexible, enthusiastic, amenable, personable, and outgoing/
- Enjoys working, dealing, and liaising with customers
- Enthusiastic self-starter with creative inclination and a true passion for all elements of design
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and problems, resolve them, and proactive “can-do” attitude a distinct advantage
- Excellent time management skills and must be a team player
- Must be able to physically be present at our branch on Glasnevin Avenue. Remote working is not possible. Excellent time keeping required.
- Must have an excellent and appropriate portfolio of work
- Experience working with customers, clients, and suppliers an advantage
If you’re a creative self-starter with a true passion for design and a “can-do” attitude, we want to hear from you! Please submit your cv and portfolio along with your application to email@example.com