Below are guidelines for submitting your electronic print ready files for printing. If you have any questions that are not covered in the guidelines, please email us directly. Delays may arise should you submit files that are not properly prepared.
• Fonts are converted to outlines/shapes or embedded
• All type is legible and no smaller than 6pt in size.
• Correct page layout.
• Margins are set (suggested min 5mm margin)
• Minimum 3mm bleed with crop and cut marks.
• Artwork is in the correct dimensions, proportions and orientation.
• Colours are all CMYK, not RGB or spot.
• Print files are saved and supplied as high resolution PDF’s
• DPI is minimum 150dpi. We suggest and prefer 300dpi.
Bleed & Margin
A 3mm bleed border must be added to all artworks that have images or text bleeding off the edge (ie Not white surround). This will ensure that there is no border or white space around the artwork. You should also keep at least a 5mm margin from the papers edge or the cut line so as to prevent important information being accidently cut during trimming.
Cut and Crop Marks
Where possible, please supply 2 print ready files. One with cut and crop marks and one without.
Screen previews are not a safe and sure way to preview colour accuracy. Colours on a motion or screen can vary depending on monitor calibration, display resolution and ambient lighting. Displays show images in RGB, printers print images in CMYK. Please note that screen colours may not match print colours.
Please make sure that all print ready files are in CMYK mode. This will ensure better colour accuracy and output quality.
• All pictures and images to be 300 dpi where possible
• Rasterized logos and text should be 1200 dpi.
Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop
• Resolution should be 300 dpi. Files should be 100% of actual size with a 3mm bleed all around and 5mm margain. This will ensure quality offset reproduction.
• CMYK colour mode
• PDF format (embedded links and outline fonts)
Where design is required, we provide low resolution watermarked JPEG, PNG or PDF files as soft proofs. These proofs are to show you the layout and design of your job, but colour accuracy cannot be guaranteed. If colour accuracy is of vital importance, please ask for a hard copy printed proof.
When supplying large files for large format printing (example: 8ftx4ft corriboard print), you may supply files @ 50% or 25% of their actual size with a 400dpi resolution. Please state that the files are smaller and need to be scaled up. If the file size is large in mb size, we suggest submitting the file via wetransfer.com or similar quoting the job reference / order. We can also accept files by USB, email, CD, DVD or hard drive.